Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Saturday, November 9, 2013

First week " It's finally P- day"

 It's finally P-day and I'm alive!
Hola mi familia!!! It's finally Pday!!!! Como esta? Thanks for the letters and package!! They made my day! I got them all on November 1st. haha. I absolutely LOVE it here!! It's such hard work and I go home exhausted every night, but I love it! The spirit is amazing here! My companera is Harmana Stephen. She's from San Fran.
     
    I sent a letter home on Thursday telling you a little about the MTC and all that was going on but I don't know if you got it yet. I'm actually on the new West campus which was those new apartments we saw. It's so nice!  We are the first all hermana district in the history of el MTC. It's pretty neat. We have zero elders in our district. I know I was told to use good spacing and not to use Spanish but it's so hard when you only have a limited time on the computer. Can I just say  that el don de lenguas is so real? (the gift of tongues) It's so amazing how much Spanish I'm already speaking and it's hard to do English and Spanish when Spanish words keep popping into your head in place of the English word. So if you notice random spanish here and there, that's why. My English is going bye-bye. We do LOTS of language study and programs daily. We are in a classroom from 8-12:45 then we have lunch. Then we are back from 1:30-5:50then we have dinner. Then 6:30-9:30. So lots of studying haha. On the first day we went straight to class when we got there (which was hard after being dropped at a curb!) Then we taught investigators that night. We taught our first investigator, Mariela, all in Spanish as companions on Friday night. On Saturday we taught her again. This time I just opened my mouth and I have no idea what I was saying, but it seemed to make sense because she was responding and I could understand it! I'm pretty sure it was the spirit!
 
     Keep sending me dearelders!! Those work out better and I also LOVE them because I get a hard copy. Oh, please post it on my FB too so my friends can write me. I'm also fluent in my prayers in Spanish too and I am pretty good at my testimony. What are people saying on FB? Tell me all the comments please!! Oh, I'm losing weight so my garments don't stay up so.. I don't know what to do.. Can you please send me: The hymn piano book, a winter coat (it's snowing here and it's not helping my cold), some nylons (the ones I have aren't tall enough. I'm sending a package home soon), and some bandaids? I have lots of blisters. I'll end with my testimony in Spanish. :)
 Yo se que Jesucristo es el radenter y yo se que dios es nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial y yo se que el evangelio de Cristo es verdader y yo se que las familias son eternas. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen. Until next week. I love you! -Hermana Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment