Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's Almost Been A Month ..... What?

Hola familia!
How was your week? Sorry that I haven't got any letters out to anyone. There's not a whole lot of time. So Vegas was an adventure! I officially have my visa! Which actually looks pretty cool! :) There was one companionship of sisters then one trio of Elders then me and one other Elder and we were put as "travel companions" so I was well taken care of. We were on the VERY last seat on the plane on the way there. It was fun. :) So many people at the airport made comments to us like "Welcome home!"and "your mothers love you!" It was pretty funny. On the way home we flew stand by which was kinda weird. We weren't sure that we were all going to get a seat. But me and my "travel companion" Elder Woodfield got super nice seats. :) On The way there he asked me why I came on a mission "because I'm a sister" so I told him the whole story and he was like "Wow! You're such an inspiration. There is defiantly a reason why you're here." So that was kinda cool to hear coming from this super spiritual elder. We talked a little more and we found out that we're actually going to the same mission on the same day! I'm quite excited! I can't believe that in two weeks today I will be in Mexico! It has flown by! I have loved every minute here!

 On Thursday I was in the cafeteria and I heard "Hermana Turek!" so I turned around and it was Elder Gunderson! I'm so excited to have a friend from home here! We talked for a while and I found out that we're actually in the same zone!! Crazy! We took a pic together so you'll have to share it with his family. 

This week has been an emotionally draining week, but it's been such a great week. and I've learned and gown SO much. It's so hard to be here and not compare yourself to everyone else. In Ether 12:27 it talks about how the closer you get to God, the more of your weaknesses he's going to make known unto you. I think that's what's happening. But I know through him that ALL things are possible. I'm so thankful that I'm here. I learn and grow so much everyday. I just can't even imagine my life had I not come. 

Something kinda cool happened on Friday. My comp. was just bawling during class so I was like "Hey do you want to talk?" and she shook her head yes so we went outside and she just went off on how she's not a good enough missionary. So I told her about what I had learned this week and how I knew how she felt and she was like "but you're so good at this. You know the gospel. You're perfect." I almost laughed right out loud when she said that so I told her how I'm far from perfect and how I'm learning to teach here just like she is and how half of the time I have no idea what I'm even saying in Spanish. She was like "really?" and i was like "yeah, honestly." and she just grabbed me and hugged me. We've been good ever since. 

I got your package on Friday night!! Thanks for sending it!! And for the Christmas stuff. (There actually hanging lights here right now!) My comp. cried when I gave her the candy cane and said "thank you so much! You're parents are so sweet!" So thank you! 

I have a lot to tell you about some of the deep things I've learned/ received through revelation. But I'll save it for the letter I'm writing on Thanksgiving. I will tell you this though. So It's been promised to missionaries that they receive help from both sides of the veil. I know that Grandpa Johnson is with me and helping me. It's just neat to think about. 

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I hope you have a great day! Eat a plate for me. I sent a card home. Hopefully you get it in time. On Thanksgiving a general authority is coming to speak then we are doing service then watching Ephriam's Rescue!! I'm so thankful to be out here serving in such a great time in history. I don't think I've ever been this happy. This is the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Count your blessings this week.. well always.. but especially this week. I have another Mormon Message for you! Watch "Men's hearts shall fail them." I think this is my favorite Mormon Message right now. I love you all! 
Until next week- Hermana Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment