Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Monday, January 20, 2014

Hard But Good Week

This week was hard, but good. I know the first few months are going to be the hardest.
   I keep telling myself that when I want to give up that I can't because I am going to be somebody's Sister Rigby. Also I am going to be a better person, a better wife and a better mom for going on a mission.When I got my blessing last week I was told that people have been prepared just for me. It was like my Patriarchal blessing over again. It was really neat and I am sure Sister Rigby had hard times. If she would have gone home.. I don't know where I would be.. but I def don't think it would be here. I can do this, I can do hard things, and it is going to be a blessing for me to know Spanish when I get home.  
  We had three investigators come to church yesterday!! Yay for improvement!! Our investigators don't really understand why church and the sacrament is important. No matter how much we explain with scriptures. It is frustrating. It is hard because there are so many expectations here and we are trying but our investigators are not progressing.
   I had something neat happen yesterday. We were at  our lunch appointment and the family (the same one I skypéd you from) invited their non member friends. We started talking to them about the church. They are very, very Catholic and wanted nothing to do with it. At the end I just opened my mouth and words literally just came out. There was so much power in me. I have no idea what I was saying but my companion said the spirit was very strong, and Hermana Angles was crying and said it was very powerful.
   This week we did a lot of work with the members and MAs. It is an honor to be a mouth piece for the Lord. He def watches over us and protects us. He tests our faith and patience too. As a missionary you get to study a lot and you become very close to the spirit and our heavenly parents.This week I studied faith and the Atonement.. The more I study it the more I don't understand it and I am confused. This week I think I am going to study grace, and faith, and the Atonement more.
    We still have cold water. We need gas for the boiler and the people said they were going to come and they never did.
   I don't know what else to really tell you about. I played fútbol today. That was fun. I am sore now ha-ha. 
        I love you and hope all is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment