Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Monday, January 6, 2014

Mexico City Temple Visit


  Ah!I have so much to say. I hope I can remember it all! Sorry about last week. We were running around with an investigator helping her out all day.. so I only had time to email the President. 

  The Mexico City Temple closed on Saturday for the whole time that I will be here. Luckily the Angeles family (The family who I skyped you from) invited us to go with them. I loved it!! It is such a beautiful temple. I didnt understand a whole lot but it was still a great experience.

  How was your New Years? We had to be in by 7 on New Years so I had a lot of time to reflect on 2013. What a year. I have loved it. I have struggled. and I have grown. In more ways than I ever thought I could. Its just funny to think about where I am now and where I was back in January. 

  It rains here all the time! Its funny how fast our bodies adapt to the climate.. I am freezing here now!! The houses dont have carpet or heaters so that doesnt help either. 

  I have a cute story. Last week we were working and it was raining and all of our investigators fell through with their appointments or they didnt have time so we started contacting and just talking with everyone and no body wanted to listen to us... we are now soaking wet, freezing, and no body wants to listen.. very frusterated we look at each other and both just start cracking up. We couldnt stop laughing. It was a memory I will always remember here.

  We couldnt make carmels.. here in Mexico they dont have any of the ingrediants that I needed.. 

  I need to write Grandma Johnson, Grandpa and Grandma Turek, Uncle Joes family, Misti, and aunt Marilynn but I havent had a chance to buy stamps yet. Im working on getting letters out though. 

  Today during personal study I read Alma 8. I loved it. It hit home to me because thats how I have felt here. But like Alma, I am not going to give up. Its a really good chapter. I invite you to read and study it. 

  Yesterday we taught the lesson in Relief Sociey. I used the talk You Never Walk Alone by President Monson. I love this talk and I hope you will take the time to read it. 

  I have a million pictures to send so be ready. I love you and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment