Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Monday, July 28, 2014

Grounded Three Days Battling Infection

Hola family and friends,
This week was a kind of a boring week. I left a lot of information out last week. I ended up with a pretty nasty and strong infection in my throat the past Sunday. Because everything was closed here and the infection was transforming pretty quick, I ended up in the ER here in Cruz Azul. Due to this infection I was not allowed to work as much as I would have liked this week. The Dr. put me on house arrest pretty much until Thursday. So it was a long and boring week. On Thursday when we left time started to speed up again. The brightside of all of this? Well, I am down about 50 pounds. Yay! So for the 3 and a half days we worked this is what happened:

We taught Hermana Isaura. She was very excited for her baptism which will take place on Saturday at 5. (Well we hope). She called us yesterday just bawling and telling us how the ex wife of Hermano Marco (Isaura just got married last Monday to this member) came over and was creating problems so she does not know if she should continue on with this. We gave her a lot of chapters to read in the Book of Mormon and told her how Satan does not want this for her and so he will do everything in his power to stop it. And she said that she knows but it is just hard. So please keep her in your prayers. 

Hermano Eliseo left on this trip with his church group... so we did not get a chance to talk with him this week. So we will have to see how things are with him this coming week. 

Well our other investigator, Hermana Gabriela can not be baptized because she is living with a member (who is not active) and he is married to another woman and he has a child so.. it creates some problems for them to get married. We will have to see how long it takes for the divorce process. I think that the biggest problems here with baptism are- people are not married or have problems with the word of wisdom! Always, always, always we have investigators with these problems. But then again, Satan does not want this for them so we will make it hard for us.

Hermano Ramon, well, this week he said he was done drinking for good. He has made it one week now!! Hopefully he can be strong to his promise and refrain from alcohol so he can be baptized the 16th of August. He could also use a lot of prayers.

The President came to our house on Wednesday to see how I was doing and how he could help and he brought my package! Yay! Thank you so much for everything! Especially the socks. The ones I have been using.. well.. you can tell that they have 9 months of use.. Basically they have giant holes and it is pretty funny. My companion and I enjoyed the treats too. and, the garments are the perfect size. It felt so weird to not have garments falling down for a day. The shoes are a little squishy, but I will have to make them work. So, thank you.

On Saturday, our primary kids had an activity with us. It was called "Misionero por un día" or "Missionary for a day". We got split into groups. I was with the Bishop's wife and a girl named Estefany. We left and worked like we normally do. The kids got to see what it was like to be a missionary for the day. They seemed to really like it, and the older kids were really excited about serving a mission in the future after. So I would call it a success. We also got a lot of referrals. So that is always good.

My spiritual thought for the week comes from D&C 123:17. We need to choose to have a positive attitude, always doing the best that we can. Because when we really put our best effort into the things we are doing (especially the spiritual aspect of things) that is how we are going to earn our salvation. We all have a part in this sacred work. It is not possible without members. I know that we ALL have friends, neighbors, co-workers that are not members. Why do we not open our mouths? Why do we need pass a referral to the missionaries? Are we scared? Are we embarrassed about our beliefs? We need to part our part into this sacred work. Because, one day we will be held accountable. I also testify that there are more blessings than we can see and that we can possibly think for bringing our brothers and sisters unto Christ. I have seen it in my own life with the special experience that I was able to be part of with my friend before my mission. To end- a quote by President Hinckley. "When I say do your best, I mean your very best. You are capable of so much more."

I love ya all, and I pray for each one of you. I hope you have a great week and that you will do your part in this sacred work. Until next week- Hermana Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment