Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Feeling Better

Hello! Sorry that I am late writing today. We went to D.F. (Federal District in English)

This week was fast and long and hard. On Tuesday Hermano Eliseo told us that he did not want to continue listening to us nor be baptized because Miguel Angel baptized him and he asked Miguel if he had authority from God and Miguel said "yes" so now we are liars and all that jazz. He was mad at us. But he just does not understand authority or the apostasía. Tal ves it is just not his time. 

Hermano Ramon is still doing great. Staying strong. He is preparing for his baptism for the 16th and is excited. We have transfers the 19th and it is very likely that I am going to get transfered, so we were telling him this so he said that he is ready and it will happen because he wants "hermana gringa" there. :) We are also going to celebrate my birthday with them the same day. :) 

Hermana Gabriela is amazing! She had an emergency yesterday, so she could not make it to church, so that means that she will be baptized after I leave. :( But, she is so ready.

Hermano Jesus also has a baptism date for the 24th. So I will probably miss his baptism too. But it is amazing to see all the people that our Heavenly Father has prepared for us. An area that has not had baptisms in one year in September now has three new members. Our Bishop is pretty happy. 

I am finally 100% better! Yay!! It only lasted three weeks! My tonsils are pretty damaged, but at least I feel better and we can worry about those in April. 

On Wednesday, I had the weirdest allergic reaction. My stomach, neck, and face were covered in hives. It sucked. But the Dr. thinks it was a reaction to a medicine for my throat. When I come home, I am going to be immune to everything. Lets just hope and pray that I will be good for the rest of my mission.

Thought for the week- This month in the Ensign there is an article about a wife with a husband who has cancer and in this article Pres. Monson said something that I love. " Difficulties come into our lives, problems we do not anticipate and which we would never choose. None of us are immune. The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be." I loved this. A lot of time when we are passing trials, we say "why me?" But, what we need to ask is "What can I learn by passing this trial?". I promise that our Father will never give us more than we can handle. Our lives are in his hands. He knows the end from the beginning. The other thought because last week I did not include one. This week I was reading in Alma. I came upon the Story of the 2,000 strippling warriors. I LOVED this story! (I highly encourage you to read it. It starts in Alma 53.) My favorite versus are 53:21, 56:47-48 and 57:27. I owe a lot to my parents. I know that I was NOT an easy daughter to have as a teenager. But, somehow my parents were able to drill into my mind correct principles. I am very thankful to have them as my parents. also, if we put our trust in our Heavenly Father, what else matters? Nothing. 

I hope that you all have a GRAND week. This week, try to find somebody that you can share the gospel with. Love you all! Until next week.- Hna. Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment