Write me!



Send letters to:
Sister Ashton Ada Turek
Mexico Mexico City North Mission
Apartado postal #98
54740 Cuautitlan Izcalli
Estado de Mexico
MEXICO

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Juanita Gets Married and Baptized

Hola Hola! Cómo está? pues, This week was a busy one.

Juanita and Ramon got married on Thursday at the presidencia which is like the court house for you guys. Then on Friday, she had her interview and was baptized Saturday morning and confirmed yesterday. So we were pretty busy with them this week. Ramon is the next one to be baptized. He has not drank for a week.. but who knows about yesterday with Mexico playing and well.. not winning. Our asistance at church was 80.. normally it is 105. Hahaha. Everyone stayed at home to watch the world cup. It is huge here!

So, on Friday my companion was playing with my camera while I was showering. I got out of the shower and she told me that she accidently deleted ALL (over 800 pics) my pictures. So.. I lost EVERY SINGLE picture from my mission.. (Yeah I am pretty sad). It took a lot of self control not to flip out at her. But the phrase "Do not let a problem to solve become more important than a person to be loved." kept running through my head.. So.. if anyone (Kyle) knows how to get all my pics back.. I would love it. And it would make my whole life. 

I got my package on Wednesday. It had everything in it. :) Thank you!! My feet thank you too! They are happy to have shoes. The weather here is like the best! It is hurricane season here in Mexico so it has rained every single day. Like we get drenched. But the temp. is perfect with the rain! Not too hot and not too cold!

President Call left on Saturday and we now have President Titensor. I do not know him yet, but we are going to have interviews with him on Saturday. We had interviews with President Call on Wednesday and in my interview he told me how much I have changed and how he has seen miracles come about with me. I went from this little missionary who struggled and struggled and struggled some more and how I am now this gem starting to glow. It made me think ha-ha. I have changed so much. I am not the same person I was when I left eight months ago. I am thankful I have this opportunity to serve. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and the trials I have faced have been very difficult but I am becoming the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be. This week I was reading in Helaman 10:4-5 and I thought it applied to me pretty well. :) (I am close to finishing the Book of Mormon and el Libro de Mormón!!)

I think that is all for this week! I love you and pray for you. I hope you have a great and SAFE 4th of July!  Hasta luego- Hna. Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment